Monday, April 2, 2012

"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything..."

I am a man of quotes, metaphors and analogies... that is how I understand life.

When starting the Paleo challenge keep in mind that there will be many obstacles, hurdles, road blocks and temptations. I think just like with anything else in life, it helps to have a set of guiding principles when it comes to nutrition. Paleo is exactly that for me. The more you "drink the kool-aid" the more positive you will be which will lead to you being successful in this challenge. Day one wasn't too bad was it?

I received a lot of questions regarding the food journal. Winning this portion of the contest aside, the food journal is meant to make you more aware of what you are eating. Typically if it has a label it isn't super Paleo, but we understand the hectic lives you have. It is all about accountability. Every action has a consequence whether it be impeding your performance at CrossFit or potentially risking disease, cancer or any of the other illnesses that the Pharmacutical companies have pills for :)
You can get creative with your food journal. There are so many options. You can either do the old-fashioned hand written journal, use your Beyond the Whiteboard account, or any other website that works best for you. Ultimately it is up to you to do a food journal, but I highly recommend you do it!

This also seems to be a great way to track everything.
Paleo Track

You are all going to do great! Just remember you become empowered with every good choice you make. On the flip side, every bad choice potentially leads to three bad choices and so on before you have completely fallen off of the wagon. I say this because I have been there... many many many times before. The thing I love about Paleo is it takes all of the variables out of the equation and takes the wasted energy on guilt and self control away (after you wean yourself off of the drugs, I mean grains and sugars)


*Update*
By the way my seasonal allergies (which were awful) went away! I had horrible allergies for years (to the point where I was sneezing nonstop, could barely open my eyes and was in bed under the sheets because any light would irritate me more)! Turns out the research shows seasonal allergies are caused in part by inflammation, and guess what causes inflammation.... you got it! Grains, dairy and legumes. Ever since Paleo I haven't felt remotely allergic and in a time where everyone else is being affected by allergies, it just proves to me that your diet plays a big part in all of it. Paleo not only is the prevention to most things that ail us, but it can also reverse the damage already caused in most cases.

Read about Seasonal Allergies:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/seasonal-allergies-treatment/#axzz1qWCepaYF



0 comments: